Payza members now have the full functionality of a Bitcoin wallet within their Payza accounts
Payza is proud to introduce our newest cryptocurrency feature: Cryptocurrency Address Manager. Payza members can now generate their own Bitcoin addresses and QR codes for their Payza account. These are multi-use addresses that can be used to receive Bitcoin from other Bitcoin wallets without first having to set up an Add Funds by Bitcoin transaction.
This new feature lets you generate and manage cryptocurrency addresses right inside your Payza account. Although only Bitcoin addresses are currently supported, other cryptocurrencies will be added in upcoming releases.
For merchants using Payza to process Bitcoin payments, we advise you to continue processing Bitcoin payments as before, because the new process for generating Bitcoin addresses can’t be used to tie customer payment information to transactions. This means that it will be difficult for merchants to associate a payment with a specific customer and it will be impossible to automate post-payment processes. The already existing method for processing Bitcoin payments also allows for better testing and automation through the new Payza Test Center.
How to a Generate Payza Bitcoin Address:
- In your Payza account, click “Wallet” in the left-hand column.
- Select “Cryptocurrency Address Manager”.
- Select “Bitcoin” as the currency in the drop-down menu.
- Click “Generate New Address”.
A new Bitcoin address and QR code will be generated and listed in the Cryptocurrency Address Manager section. Use the generated Bitcoin address to receive bitcoins from other Bitcoin wallets.
When you receive bitcoins to your Payza Bitcoin address, your balance will instantly and automatically be updated and you’ll receive an email notification letting you know that you’ve successfully received Bitcoin.
Managing Cryptocurrency Addresses
When you need to manage and organize your Payza cryptocurrency addresses, you will find them all in the Cryptocurrency Address Manager section within your Payza account. The cryptocurrency addresses can be used multiple times to receive funds.
At the top of this page, you will see how many current cryptocurrency addresses are linked to your Payza account. You can use the search bar to review the activity on different addresses or to find all the addresses associated with a specific cryptocurrency. The Cryptocurrency Address Manager also shows you the amount of cryptocurrency you have received to each address in your Payza account. This amount will appear next to each address and QR Code under the heading “Amount Received”.
You can have a maximum of 50 cryptocurrency addresses listed in your Payza account. To generate additional addresses, you will have to remove an existing address. To remove an existing address, simply click the “Remove” option next to the cryptocurrency address you wish to remove.
A removed address will still be associated to your Payza account and will re-appear in the list if someone sends funds to it. So even if someone sends Bitcoin to an address that you have removed, you will still receive those bitcoins without problem.
If you have several cryptocurrency addresses listed in your Payza account, you can find one easily by entering the cryptocurrency address under “Find Existing Address” in the Cryptocurrency Address Manager section within your Payza account:
- In your Payza account, click “Wallet” in the left-hand column.
- Select “Cryptocurrency Address Manager”.
- Enter the cryptocurrency address you are searching for under “Find Existing Address”.
Coming Soon to the Payza App
The Cryptocurrency Address Manager is only available through the Payza desktop site for now, but will be available for the Payza App in a future update.
Payza users in China can now use Chinese Yuan for global online transactions, added to their e-wallets via WeChat, UnionPay or ePayLinks
LONDON, April 26, 2017 — Payza, a leading global online payment platform, announced that Payza members in China can now load their Payza e-wallets using popular local options WeChat, UnionPay, and ePayLinks. Chinese Payza members can also perform online transactions in Chinese Yuan Renminbi (CYR).
The company has offered basic services in China since 2012, however, this is the first of several targeted initiatives being developed by Payza to support the country’s growing e-commerce landscape. Chinese Yuan Renminbi deposits are processed within 2 business days for a 5% fee. These new deposit options aim to meet the daily e-commerce needs of shoppers in China.
“This is the fourth specialty deposit option Payza has launched this year, following Boleto in Brazil, Oxxo in Mexico, and Paysafecard deposits, which are available in over 40 countries,” explained Firoz Patel, Global Executive VP for Payza. “We are committed to delivering local deposit and withdrawal options specific to our customers’ preferred method by region and these new services in China are an important step in that direction.”
According to a recent report by China’s National Bureau of Statistics, the Chinese e-commerce market growth rate increased by 26.2% in 2016. China’s growing middle class, already equal in size to the entire U.S. population, is keen for premium quality foreign products. By 2020, at least a quarter of the population will be shopping directly on foreign-based e-commerce sites or through third-party cross-border retailers.
Payza’s new deposit options for Chinese members are expected to strengthen both domestic and cross-border e-commerce; and are aligned with the platform’s initiative to offer targeted local currency initiatives to key markets such as in India, Bangladesh, Mexico and Brazil.
Payza is an award-winning payments technology company. The highly secure platform provides businesses and consumers around the world with practical solutions for processing online payments. Payza supports 26 currencies and serves over 13 million members in more than 190 countries.
Payza serves traditional and emerging markets, providing a wide range of built-in tools including: Online payment processing, online global money transfers, fraud screening, subscription billing, transaction dispute resolution, cryptocurrency exchange services, and global payouts.
Here at Payza, our goal is to help you find your way to pay. No matter where you are in the world, there are a number of different ways to make payments via Payza, including paying by credit card, Bitcoin, or any number of local options such as Interac Online for Canadian members.
But the safest way to shop or send money online is to use your e-wallet. By pre-loading your Payza account, you can shop online or send money without exposing any private payment information to your merchant or recipient. That means you can keep your credit card and bank account details secure.
Depending on your country, there are several ways to deposit money into your Payza account, giving you the freedom to choose the right method for you. All you need to do is log in to your Payza account and click the Add Funds tab to get started. Then select your preferred deposit method and follow the instructions provided on screen.
In some cases, there may be additional steps required before your deposit can be processed. For example, for a Bitcoin deposit you must initiate the transfer from your Bitcoin Wallet to the one-time address provided by Payza. For bank wires, you will need to instruct your bank to wire the funds according to the details we provide.
No matter the deposit method you select, all of these options fund your Payza account and allow you to make online payments directly from your e-wallet, eliminating the need to share any of your personal financial information with merchants.
Here are some of the different Payza deposit methods along with complete instructions on how to complete them.
Add Funds by Credit Card
The most popular way to add funds to your Payza account is by credit card. That’s because credit card deposits are instant and allow you to send or spend those funds right away.
Before you can add funds using your credit card, you must first connect it to your Payza account by following these steps:
- In your Payza account, click “Wallet” in the left-side column, then select “Credit Cards”.
- Click “Add a Credit Card”.
- Enter your credit card details and click “Next”.
- Review and accept the terms and conditions, then click “Finish” to save your information.
Depending on your credit card provider, you may be required to validate your card prior to use. Find more information about validating your credit card in the Payza Reference Center.
Once connected, follow these steps to load your Payza account by credit card:
- In your Payza account, click “Add Funds” in the top menu and select “Credit Cards”.
- Select your credit card (you may add more than one card to your account).
- Enter your CSV/CVV number for that card (the three-digit number located on the reverse side of the card).
- Enter your deposit amount and click “Next”.
- Review the transaction details, enter your Payza Transaction PIN, and click “Add Funds” to complete your transaction.
Add Funds by Bank Account
After credit cards, the next most common funding source is bank accounts. There are two ways to add funds to your Payza account by bank account: Bank Transfer and Bank Wire. Adding funds to your Payza account by bank transfer or bank wire takes a little longer than credit card deposits, but these transactions normally have lower fees.
When adding funds by bank transfer, you may first connect your bank account to your Payza account by following these steps:
- In your Payza account, click “Wallet” and then “Bank Accounts”.
- Select the country where your bank account is located.
- Enter your bank account details in the fields provided, then click “Next”.
- Review the account details and click “I accept”.
Once connected, you can load your Payza e-wallet directly from your bank account using the following steps:
- In your Payza account, click “Add Funds” in the top menu, then select “Bank Account”.
- Select the Originating Country, the Bank Account you wish to use from the drop-down menu, and the Amount, and click “Next”.
- If you are asked to complete “Phone Validation”, follow the steps on screen to receive your confirmation code and enter it into your account.
- Review the details, enter your Transaction PIN, and click “Add Funds”.
Alternatively, you can Add Funds by Bank Wire even if you haven’t connected your bank account to Payza.
To complete a bank wire, simply follow the same instructions as above and Payza will provide you with a transaction summary and deposit instructions. Provide these details to your bank and they will complete the transaction and wire the funds to your Payza account.
Specialty Deposit Options
Payza users also have access to a number of alternative deposit options depending on their location. Two options that are available around the world are adding funds by Bitcoin or using an e-currency exchanger.
To add funds by Bitcoin, simply click “Add Funds” in the top menu and select “Bitcoin”. Once you complete the instructions on-screen, Payza will provide you with a unique Bitcoin address for you to send your Bitcoins and a set of instructions for completing your transaction. When you load your Payza e-wallet by Bitcoin, the funds are credited to your account as soon as the Bitcoin transaction is confirmed. As with credit card deposits, this is another instant deposit method that lets your send or spend your funds right away.
You can find the full instructions to Add Funds by Bitcoin in the Payza Reference Center: How Do I Add Funds by Bitcoin?
An e-currency exchanger is a third-party transfer service that allows you to transfer funds from one e-wallet to another. Payza has authorized a number of exchangers to provide this service to our customers.
When adding funds to your account by Authorized Exchanger, follow these steps:
- In your Payza account, click “Add Funds” in the top menu, then select “Exchanger”.
- Choose from the list of Authorized Exchangers.
- Click the link to the Authorized Exchanger website and follow their instructions to complete your transaction.
Local Deposit Options
Lastly, Payza supports a number of local payment options available to our users in specific countries. With new domestic options available all the time, most recently Brazil’s Boleto Bancario and Mexico’s OXXO payments, Payza continues to bring new services to customers all around the world.
Local deposit options are generally the best choice for people living in these countries. That’s because these options usually have low fees, and work with a system that locals are already very familiar with.
- BKash: Bangladesh’s leading mobile money service. How to deposit by BKash.
- Interac Online: Canada’s national online debit system. How to deposit by Interac.
- Boleto: Brazil’s ticket-based invoicing system. How to deposit by Boleto.
- OXXO: Mexico invoice-based online payment method. How to deposit by OXXO.
- Paysafecard: These prepaid cards are available in over 40 countries. How to deposit by Paysafecard.
For more information on adding funds, local payment options, and other Payza products and features, please visit the Payza Reference Center and be sure to subscribe to our blog.
New services for Payza members in Brazil, the land of sun, tans, and monuments by Niemeyer.
Our Brazilian members can now add funds to their Payza accounts using the popular Boleto payment system. As simple as paying a utility bill, a Boleto money transfer takes one to two business days to process and those funds will then be available within your account. The fee to Add Funds by Boleto is 5%.
How to Add Funds by Boleto
Adding funds to your Payza account e-wallet using Boleto is simple. First, request the deposit from your Payza account, then pay the deposit at an authorized processor, such as a post office, bank, or supermarket. That’s all there is to it, in a couple of days, those funds will be credited to your Payza account and ready to spend.
Here are the precise steps to follow:
- In your Payza account, click “Add Funds” in the top menu.
- Select “Boleto”.
- Enter the amount of Reals you want to deposit, your Boleto Personal Identification Number, and an optional “Description”.
- Click “Add Funds”.
- Review and confirm your transaction request.
- We will provide you with your Boleto transaction number. It is important to print or write down this information in order to complete your deposit.
- Visit an authorized processor with your transaction number and pay for your deposit.
Making transactions with Brazilian Reals
With the Boleto deposit option now linked to Payza, we were able to add the Brazilian Real to our list of currencies you can use to make most—but not all—online transactions with your Payza account.
You can perform the following transactions using Brazilian Reals:
- Deposits to Payza
- Make online payments and send funds
- Convert Reals to foreign currencies supported by Payza, such as US Dollars
For more information on Boleto, on services in Brazil, and for all other Payza news and updates, be sure to subscribe to our blog.
As a Payza member in Bangladesh, you have Add Funds options to help you fund your Payza account. From bank wires to mobile money transfers using bKash, Payza’s options let you add funds in either Takas (BDT) or a foreign currency.
Because of regulations from the central Bank of Bangladesh that impose strict currency controls, it is often not possible to convert funds added in Takas into a foreign currency, or to convert foreign currencies into Takas. That means it is important to be sure you are adding funds in the right currency to your Payza account to meet your needs.
This table shows you which methods can be used to Add Funds to your Payza account in Takas and which methods can be used to add foreign currency funds to your account:
Even though you won’t be able to convert your Takas into another currency, you can use these funds to shop online at many e-commerce merchants in Bangladesh. Our partnership with SSLCommerz means there will soon be hundreds of merchants in Bangladesh who will accept Payza payments in Takas.
Adding funds in Takas
To add Takas to your Payza account, you can use either the Add Funds by bKash option, or the Add Funds by Bank Transfer Option.
Follow these steps to Add Funds by bKash:
1) In your Payza account, click “Add Funds” in the top menu.
2) Select “bKash”.
3) Follow the instructions to send money from your bKash account to Payza.
4) When you receive your confirmation code or bKash Transaction ID, enter that information and click “Create Transaction”.
5) Review the transaction details and confirm the deposit.
To add Takas by bank transfer, you must first add and validate your bank account. This blog post has more information to help you connect your Bangladeshi bank account to your Payza account: How to: Validate Your Bank Account with Micro-Deposits.
Over-the-counter Bank Transactions
An additional method to add funds in Takas to your Payza account is the Over-The-Counter Bank Transactions option. This option is currently unavailable but will return in the near future.
Payza has updated our fees. To help you visualize changes to our fees and see how you can best save money, we’ve created this handy infographic.
With this new fee structure, you will benefit from significant discounts on many of our most popular online payment services. You will save 60% on bank wire deposits to your Payza account and you will save 40% on bank wire withdrawals (Canadian and US Dollars, Euros and British Pounds). Bank transfers within most Single European Payments Area (SEPA) countries will benefit from a 50% reduction in fees when adding funds to their account, and a 17% lower fee for withdrawals.
The fee for receiving payments and money between Payza accounts has increased by 0.4% and five cents; the fee for receiving online credit card payments has increased by 0.5% and six cents.
The fee for foreign currency exchange remains at 2.5%; however, we have made a simplified, all-in-one fee for foreign currency exchanges that are required for an online transaction, being 3.5%; previously, two charges were applied: one for exchange and one for the transaction.
Payza is pleased to announce that the fees for credit card deposits and direct credit card payments are being reduced for all of our members in over 190 countries around the world. Our team has been working hard behind the scenes to bring more value to your Payza account, and they’ve delivered.
For deposits, when you use the Add Funds by Credit Card option, you’ll notice fees are 2% lower, down to 5%. We also reduced the fee for merchants on direct credit card payments by 2.5%, which means that Payza merchants can now process credit card payments for as little as 6.49% +0.59$ depending on their industry.
The new fees were made possible thanks to countless hours of hard work by our team negotiating lower rates with our partners in order to pass these savings onto you, Payza’s valued members. For more information about all of Payza’s fees, visit our Fees Page.
Payza is pleased to announce that bank transfer deposits and withdrawals are now available using U.S. bank accounts. The new options give any member with a U.S. bank account a low cost and convenient way to transfer funds into and out of their Payza accounts. What’s more, for a limited time if you initiate a Bank Transfer deposit from a U.S. bank account for $200 USD or more, Payza will waive the deposit fee!
While bank transfer transactions were previously available, we had briefly suspended the service in order to implement updates and improvements. Now that the service has been improved and re-implemented, there is a new procedure for deposits specifically.
Bank transfers withdrawals still follow the same procedure, found here, and any U.S. bank accounts already connected to your Payza account for bank transfers will remain connected. If you do not have a U.S. bank account connected to your Payza account for bank transfer deposits and withdrawals, the instructions can be found here.
When you are ready to initiate a bank transfer deposit from a U.S. bank account, here are the steps you’ll need to follow:
- Log in to your Payza account.
- Click on the Add Funds tab on the top menu then select “Bank Transfer”.
- Complete the information to indicate which account you’d like to use and how much you’d like to deposit.
- Review the details, enter your Transaction PIN and complete the transaction.
Up to this point the procedure that many of you are familiar with has not changed. Here is where the new procedure differs from the old method:
- Once the transaction has been initiated in your account, you will receive an email from Payza asking you to confirm the transaction.
- Review the email (note: if you do not immediately receive an email, please check your spam/junk folder).
- Ensure that the information in the email is correct and confirm your deposit by clicking on the appropriate link.
If you do not already have a U.S. bank account connected to your Payza account for bank transfers, connect one today to get started!
Great news! Payza members can now add funds to their Payza accounts using Visa credit cards. The Add Funds by Credit Card feature has been fully restored and is available for Payza members in most countries no matter the account type, Starter, Personal or Business. Check Payza’s Local Payment Options page to ensure that credit card deposits are available in your country.
If you don’t already have a credit card connected to your Payza account, you can add one by following these steps:
Connect your Credit Card To Your Payza Account:
- In your Payza account, click “Wallet” > “Credit Cards”.
- If you have not entered the information of the credit card you would like to use, enter it now.
- Select the credit card you would like to use and click “Validate Card”.
- For the Charge Method, In the “Validate by Charge” option box, click “Validate your Credit Card”.
- Check the box agreeing to the charge and click “Next”.
- In 2-4 business days, you will receive a small charge. Enter the amount of the charge in your Payza account to complete the validation.
You can also validate by Authorization Form, follow steps 1 to 3 above and then:
- In the “Validate by Authorization Form” option box, click “Validate your Credit Card”.
- Click the “Authorization Form” link and print out the form provided. Complete the form.
- Scan the completed form and a copy of the front and back of your credit card.
- On the Credit Card Validation page, upload the copy of the scanned form and the copy of the scanned front and back of your credit card.
- Verify the documents and click “Send”.
Note that it will take 3-5 business days for your documents to be reviewed. If your documents are approved, your credit card will be validated for use.
Add Funds to Your Payza Account by Credit Card:
Once you have successfully connected your credit card to your Payza account, you can use it to instantly add funds to your account. Follow these steps to initiate a credit card deposit transaction:
- In your Payza account, click “Add Funds” > “Credit Card”.
- Select the credit card you would like to use.
- Enter the amount you wish to deposit and click “Next”.
- Confirm the transaction details, enter your Transaction PIN and click “Deposit”.
If you ever have any trouble adding a credit card to your account or depositing funds using your card, you can find help in Payza’s FAQ section. Also, our friendly Customer Support Team is available 24 hours a day from Monday to Friday to help answer any of your questions. You can connect with Payza Customer Support by phone, Live Chat or email.
Using Payza’s payment platform makes online money management quick, convenient and affordable. Want to see what options are available in your location? You can always refer to the Payza Local Payment Options page – select your country from the drop-down list, and the deposit and withdrawal options for your location will be displayed.
Note: Since the security of our users and the Payza system is of the utmost importance to us, we require Business account holders verify their Payza accounts in order to be able to deposit, send and/or withdraw funds.
When you first log into your Payza account, you’ll notice the Transaction buttons are prominently featured at the top.
How to Add Funds
To load funds into your account, click the ‘Add Funds’ button. The associated fees and the transaction processing time are clearly displayed next to each method.
Bank Wire and Bank Transfer
- Click the Add Funds button.
- Click Bank Wire or Bank Transfer.
- Select the currency for the transaction and the country from which the funds will be sent, then enter the amount you want to load into your Payza account. Click Next.
- Review your transaction details and enter your Transaction PIN, then click Add Funds. Note: You may be asked to confirm your add funds by bank transfer transaction by entering a 3-digit code. You can choose to receive this code either by a phone call or by a SMS to your mobile phone. Select your preferred method and enter your phone number, then click Send Validation Code. Enter the 3-digit code you receive and click Send.
- The final page will display the transaction details for your reference. You can reference these details at any time by locating this transaction in your Activity Feed. Print the bank wire instructions, bring the page to your financial institution and use the directions to send your bank wire or bank transfer deposit.
Note: for bank transfer deposits, you will need to confirm your deposit within an automated email that will be sent to you from Payza when your transaction is created.
How to Withdraw Funds
To withdraw funds from your account, click the ‘Withdraw Funds’ button. Depending on your location, you may withdraw funds by either bank wire or bank transfer. The associated fees and the transaction processing time are clearly displayed next to each method.
Bank Wire and Bank Transfer
- Click the Withdraw Funds button.
- Click Bank Wire or Bank Transfer.
- Select the currency balance you would like to withdraw from, the bank account you would like to withdraw into, and enter the amount you wish to withdraw. If you have any additional information you want to associate with your transaction, you may enter it in the Details box. Then click Next.
- Review your transaction details, enter your Transaction PIN, then click Withdraw.
- The final page will display the transaction details for your reference. You can reference these details at any time by locating this transaction in your Activity Feed.
Keeping Track of Your Transactions
The Activity Feed, now front and center, is where the action happens – whenever there is an event in your account like a transaction, a completed verification or a successful website review, you’ll be notified in the Activity Feed.
All Activity: This section displays all activity from your account, in chronological order. You can click on each notification to get more details and take a closer look, or use the headers to sort through your activities by type. You can use the search field to look up a particular transaction. For example, if you have recently loaded funds into your Payza wallet via bank wire, you can enter the term ‘bank wire’ or ‘add funds’ to find it. Did you withdraw funds but did not yet receive them? Try searching for ‘withdraw’ or ‘pending’ to see what’s happening with your transaction.
Transactions: The ‘Transactions’ tab displays all ‘Send Funds’, ‘Request Funds’, ‘Add Funds’ and ‘Withdraw Funds’ transactions. So if you have created a transaction using any of the 4 green tabs at the top of your account, that history is displayed here. This tab also displays activity related to subscription payments, donations, and email invoices.