The Payza Card is one of our most popular products. It gives our members in over 190 countries a simple way to access the money in their Payza accounts and use those funds to shop online or in-person. The Payza Card can also be used at most ATMs, putting cash right in your hand.
Our customer support team gets asked more questions about the Payza Card than about any other feature. To help answer these questions we recently put together this handy guide to using your Payza Card. You can also visit the Payza Card section of the Payza Personal Manual for more details on how to order and use the Payza Card.
Ordering Your Payza Card
To order a Payza Card, first make sure your Payza account is verified. Only members with verified accounts will be able to order the card.
Once your account is verified, just follow these steps to order your own Payza Card:
- In your Payza account, click “Wallet” in the left side menu, then select “Prepaid Cards”.
- Click “Order your Card”.
- Select the type of card you would like to order and personalize it with your name if desired, then click “Next”.
- If necessary, upload a Photo ID and Proof of Address document then click “Next”. Your documents must be in .JPG or .PDF format and less than 3 MB in size.
- Confirm your shipping address, then click “Next”.
- Enter your Payza Transaction PIN then click “Order” to confirm your request.
Activating the Payza Card
Once your card arrives in the mail, the first thing you will need to do is to activate it by following these steps:
- In your Payza account, open the “Wallet” menu (on the left side) and select “Prepaid Cards”.
- Under the “Status” heading, select “Activate”.
- Enter the first 12 digits appearing on your card (the last 4 digits will already be entered).
- Create a unique Payza Card PIN and click “Confirm”.
- Click “Activate Card” to complete the activation process.
Please note: Your Payza Card PIN is not the same as your Payza Transaction PIN. We recommend choosing a different number to ensure maximum security.
Loading Your Payza Card
Now that your card is activated, it can be used just about anywhere you would use a traditional credit card. Of course, your starting balance on the card will be $0, so first you’ll have to load funds onto it. To load funds, simply create a withdrawal transaction in your Payza account and select Payza Prepaid Card as your withdrawal method. Just follow these three steps to load your card:
- In your Payza account, open the “Withdraw Funds” top menu, then select “Payza Prepaid Card”.
- Select the currency balance you’d like to withdraw from and the amount of funds to load onto your card.
- Review the details and click “Withdraw” to confirm your transaction.
Please note: The Payza Card is currently available in US Dollars only. However, you can load your Payza card from a non-USD currency balance and we will exchange the currency into USD within your account. You can also make Payza Card payments in other currencies and the currency exchange will be conducted by Payza.
It is important to remember that you cannot load the Payza Card using funds added to your Payza account by credit card. This constitutes a cash advance which is not permitted by the Payza User Agreement.
Using Your Payza Card
Once your card has been activated and loaded with funds, you can begin using it immediately almost anywhere you can use a standard credit or debit card: online, in stores, and at most ATMs. Here’s how to use the Payza Card in each of these cases.
Making a payment online with your Payza Card is the same process as using a traditional credit card. You will be required to provide basic information such as your name, the card number and the expiration date in order to make a purchase. You may in some cases also be asked for your billing address: in this case, simply enter your address as it appears in your Payza account.
In-store purchases using your Payza Card are no different from using a standard debit or credit card. Depending on the merchant’s POS (Point-Of-Sale) terminal, you will simply need to either swipe your card or insert it into the card reader, confirm the purchase amount, and enter your PIN to complete the transaction instantly.
Most ATMs that accept MasterCard will allow you to withdraw funds from your Payza Card. To withdraw from the card, just follow these steps:
- Insert your card into any ATM that accepts MasterCard.
- When prompted, enter your PIN.
- When asked for the account type, select “Checking”.
- Complete your withdrawal by following the instructions provided by the ATM.
Solving Transactions Issues
If your Payza Card transaction fails, please ensure the following three things before contacting Payza for further assistance:
- You have sufficient funds loaded onto your card.
- You are using the correct Payza Card PIN (which may differ from your Payza Transaction PIN).
- For online purchases, you are entering the name as it appears in your Payza account, even if it is different from your name as printed on your Payza Card.
If you have ruled these causes out and your transaction has still failed, please contact our Customer Support Team directly for further assistance. If you made an in-store or online purchase with your card and would like a refund or return, you should contact the merchant directly. If they are unwilling or unable to refund your purchase, you can contact our Customer Support Team for further assistance.
As we continue to increase our commitment to local payment options, the Payza Card will be made available to more customers all around the world. For more information about the Payza Card and other Payza products and features, please visit the Payza Reference Center and be sure to subscribe to our blog.