The future of buying is online. While credit cards and debit cards are still the dominant purchasing tool, cracks are beginning to show. Little by little, buyers are realizing that e-wallets and other alternative payment methods are a safer and easier way to pay. Unlike traditional methods, payment processors such as Payza allow you to make online purchases while keeping your personal information private
If you’re reading this, you are probably among the over 80% of internet users who are online shoppers. It’s expected that by 2015, we’ll be spending more than 1.4 trillion USD a year on online purchases. It’s now more important than ever to safeguard your financial information.
How to keep yourself safe
The best thing you can do is educate yourself and follow these quick tips:
- Watch out for items with delayed shipping. If the shipping date is more than 20 days after the payment date, there is more risk involved.
- Establish a relationship with the seller. Askall of the necessary questions before purchasing so you know who you’re buying from.
- Be careful with high value and popular items. If an offer seems too good to be true, do some research before making the purchase.
- Internet Purchase Scams. If you are using websites with free online classified advertisements, make sure that you deal locally with the other party.
For more tips on how to protect yourself, visit the Payza Security Center.
How Payza keeps you safe
A great way to increase the safety of your online transactions is to make your purchases through trusted payment processors like Payza. It’s important to conduct your own due diligence, but the Payza Fraud Prevention Team is here to help.
Payza is strictly compliant with the regulations set by our banking partners as well as those outlined in applicable anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing legislation. We are constantly monitoring transactions for any suspicious activity in our system, using seller-specific procedures such as:
- Account Verification. We have a strict Know Your Customer (KYC) policy to ensure the security of our members’ accounts and our network.
- Website Review. In order to ensure compliance with our User Agreement, all merchants must complete a website review before they can accept payments through Payza.
- 128-bit SSL Encryption. All transaction data is filtered through an encryption system which hides members’ sensitive personal information
- Fraud Matrix. Our state-of-the-art real-time monitoring platform adapts to the patterns in our system and instantly identifies suspicious activity.
- Resolution Center. If a Payza member has a complaint regarding a completed transaction, members can file, respond to and resolve a dispute using the Resolution Center.
Find out more about our Features and Services, and start shopping safely by signing up for a free Payza account!