Just like a brick and mortar store, a successful online store needs the right shopping cart so customers can easily keep track items they want to purchase. With so many different carts out there offering a range of tools and functions, how can you be sure which is right for you?
To zoom in on what will be the best fit, focus on your customers’ specific needs. Are they going to want to read product reviews, look up shipping prices, search your product database, or purchase gift certificates? Once you’ve pinpointed your business needs, you can decide what features are necessary and review the shopping carts options to find one that best fits your needs.
To get you started, we have compiled a handy list of some of our favorite shopping carts. This is just a starter’s guide though, you should still take a close look for yourself to make sure any potential shopping cart will meet all your needs.
Purchasable Shopping Carts
There are many free shopping carts out there with tons of great features. If you’re a novice when it comes to web development and hiring a web developer isn’t in your budget at the moment, purchasing a shopping cart might be your best option.
- Shopify: An all-in-one shopping cart software which allows you to create an entire webstore with many supported features. Choose from over 100 professional themes (including mobile themes) or even design your own. Shopify also includes a blogging platform and supports social sharing.
- Volusion: Thanks to a user-centric design, this shopping cart averages 3 times more sales than its competitors! Also an all-in-one shopping cart solution, it includes built-in mobile and Facebook stores.
- Shopping Cart Elite: This shopping cart uses your existing product database and allows you to create templates that resemble your product page, which is very important if you’re trying to build a brand. It also offers support for selling your products in multiple stores from one place, so you can integrate your store with eBay, Amazon, Craigslist and many others.
Free Shopping Carts
Though you will need someone at your company with a knowledge of programming, there are many free, open-source shopping carts which support a wide variety of features. Here are just a few examples:
- X-Cart: An easy to customize shopping cart that cart offers a unique storefront design and custom-made functionality with a wide variety of features to ensure the web store meets your business needs completely. X-Cart supports easy search-engine-optimization and is PCI-DSS compliant.
- PrestaShop: A secure open-source shopping cart platform that supports over 275 features, each carefully developed to assist business owners in increasing their sales with little effort. This lightweight, fully-scalable software is great for a company that has the resources to tailor-make their own webstore from a long list of features.
- ZenCart: User-friendly shopping cart designed so that anyone with the most basic website building and computer skills can install it and set it up. Ideal for business owners with some knowledge of web development but no dedicated web developer on staff.
All of these free shopping carts (and many more) are supported by Payza. Payza-integrated shopping carts allow merchants to provide a simple and familiar checkout option for their customers. Your clients can make single-step, multi-item purchases with no hassles. Every transaction will be processed instantly and securely by Payza.
Take some time to look at the features offered by these leading shopping carts to ensure that they can provide you with the tools you need to grow your business. By choosing the right shopping cart, you’ll be providing your customers with easy and convenient checkout options, which will make them come back to your store again and again.