Attention Payza merchants! December is here and the holiday shopping season is picking up steam. As you read this blog post, you might already be preparing to meet the increased demands of your customers who are lining up outside of your shop. But you know there’s another horde of customers ready to go shopping online and to find that perfect gift from your store. To make the most in holiday sales, you have to know the best ways to boost your online retail sales.
So, without further ado, here are some tips that might help you reach your profit goals before the end of the year:
- Update your website. An out-of-date website can be a huge turn-off for customers as it looks like you don’t take pride in your products or services. It might also look like you’re out of business. If you’re not tech-savvy, you might want to consider hiring someone who is so that your website can always look its best.
- Make recommendations. Share your best-selling products and services under a category called “Great Gift Ideas” to make holiday shopping a little easier for your more indecisive customers. You can even create other categories such as “Great Gifts under $20” or “Gifts for Him/Her/Children.” Be creative and make holiday shopping easy for your customers.
- Offer gift cards. Some people are just plain hard to shop for. Offering gift cards will give your customers a chance to give the gift of choice to their loved one.
- Offer gift-wrapping. This little extra service might give you an edge on competitors who don’t offer gift-wrapping. It also makes it easier for your customers to send gifts to their loved ones directly from your store to their doorstep.
- Be clear about shipping times. If a customer does not know how long it will take to get your product after purchasing it, they may very well go somewhere else where this information is readily available.
- Offer free shipping for specific amounts. Shipping costs are expensive for customers and can deter them from shopping at certain online stores, so offer it for free if your customers spend upwards of $50, $100, etc. If what is in their shopping cart is just under that amount, they may spend a little bit more just to get the free shipping.
- Offer discounts and coupons. Everyone likes a deal. If you offer a good one, like “Buy One, Get One Half Price,” you might make a sale when you may not have otherwise.
- Provide easy online payment options. Everybody has their own preferred way to handle their money. You should offer your customers easy and versatile ways to pay for their order, or you might lose the sale at checkout.
Now that you know how to boost your sales, start putting these tips into practice – the holiday shopping season is officially in full-swing, so waste no time!
Happy Holidays from the Payza team!