The holidays are right around the corner, and for a lot of people that means stress. But holiday shopping does not have to be stress-inducing anymore… not with the internet at your fingertips.
Every year, more and more people are turning to the internet to do their holiday shopping well in advance – or at the last minute, thanks to one-day shipping. One of the main reasons for this growing trend is convenience. Think about it: how often have you gone shopping in your pajamas? Well, you can do that with online shopping.
On that merry note, below are some other major benefits of shopping online that far outweigh the benefits of going to the mall for your holiday shopping needs:
- Flexibility. With online shopping, you can shop at any time of day, any day of the week. If you have nothing better to do at midnight, get a head start on your holiday shopping, then hit the hay after making your purchases without having to make the commute back home.
- Security. All credible shopping sites are highly safe with state-of-the-art security features (such as encryption) so you can shop online without the risk of compromising your personal and financial information. Just make sure you have an up-to-date antivirus program installed on your computer or smart phone.
- More variety. The chances are that you will have a wider selection of goods to choose from if you visit a company’s online store. You might find a perfect gift you never would have found in store.
- Better prices. Since there are no overhead “store costs” – the goods are coming right from the warehouse – online stores often offer discounts. And we all know that saving during the holidays makes them that much less stressful to endure.
- Send gifts. Rather than mail the gifts to your loved ones yourself at substantial cost, you can opt to have the gifts specially wrapped and sent directly from the online store – and many stores even offer free shipping!
- Avoid crowds. This is one of the biggest perks of online holiday shopping. Crowds make it that much more arduous and stressful to tick what you need off of your holiday shopping list, due to competition, pushing and shoving and the sheer noise of a mall full of stressed and impatient shoppers. Just skip all of this, pull on those PJs and shop online.
If any of your favorite online merchants use Payza to accept online payments, all you have to do is log in to your Payza account or enter your personal information on their checkout page for instant, 100% secure payments. E-wallets are extremely convenient for online shopping as you only have to enter your information one time, then simply log in to successfully complete your purchases. Easy as pumpkin pie!
Tell us your favorite thing about shopping online or share one of your best/worst shopping stories by leaving a comment below and joining the conversation at our Facebook or Twitter pages. Thanks for choosing Payza, and Happy Holidays!